Mother’s Day is almost here! If you’re still looking for a gift Aqua Sun Ozone has some great options. One of our most popular items is the Nature-Kleen food sanitizer. Mothers love this product because it’s easy to use and she doesn’t have to worry about viruses or bacteria in her food. Some other top picks for Mother’s Day are the portable air sanitizer, the large room air sanitizer and under the counter filtered water sanitizer.
To find out more information on these products click on the links below.
Last weekend Nepal was hit by a 7.8 magnitude earthquake. The earthquake has affected over 8 million people and taking more than 5,000 lives. Thousands of people have been left without homes and over a million people are in need of food. Many organizations are working in Nepal delivering food, shelter and medical supplies. It is going to take many years for Nepal to recover from this earthquake. If you would like to help, below are some organizations that are taking donations to help support their relief effort.
Next Wednesday, April 22, 2015, is Earth Day. Every Earth Day I try to do something to help our planet. Last year I tried meatless Monday’s. This year I am going to try to reduce my carbon footprint. Your carbon footprint is the amount of carbon dioxide and other carbon compounds that you release into the air. Scientists believe that these gasses are contributing to the warming of the earth. The smaller our carbon footprint is the better it is for the planet.
There are many calculators online that will figure out your carbon footprint. Carbonfootprint.com is what I used to figure out my carbon footprint. Once you get your results there will be a link that will take you to a page with tips to reduce your carbon footprint. You can view that page here.
Even little changes can make a big impact on our earth.
Most of us think we are drinking enough water every day, but that may not be true. Every person’s body is different, so there is no real way to tell how much water you should be drinking. One good way to estimate how much water you should drink is to take your weight, divide it in half, and drink the amount in ounces. For example, if someone weighs 120lbs they should drink 60oz of water per day. You can use a hydration calculator which will give a more accurate estimate since it takes into account how much you exercise. To make sure you stay hydrated it is good to drink water during and after each meal. It is also good to drink water before, during, and after exercising.
Here are a few reasons to drink more water:
- Some people may have decreased chances of kidney stones, urinary and colon cancer, and heart attacks.
- A person will burn more calories at rest when properly hydrated.
- Those who don’t drink enough water have to think harder than those who do.
- People who drink water before each meal consume fewer calories while eating.
- Drinking water will plump your skin, fills in fine lines and wrinkles, and brightens a dull complexion.
- People who work out while dehydrated are more likely to feel fatigued, confused, angry, depressed or tense.
So drink up. Your body is counting on it!
Easter is almost here! Many cities have fun things planned for this Easter weekend. Here in the Palm Springs area we have the Easter "Eggstravaganza," featuring four different hunts for 10,000 eggs, plus a special egg hunt for adults only, pictures with the Easter bunny, Easter crafts, face painting and more. The Eggstravaganza is held at The Living Desert on Saturday April 4th from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Check with your local news stations to find out what is happening in your area.
If you’re looking for new ways to dye your eggs here are some ideas:
- Temporary tattoos are fun and easy ways to decorate eggs.
- Glitter always makes egg decorating more fun!
- Everyday ingredients such as red onions, paprika, blueberries, yellow onions, beets, and turmeric can act as egg dye.
- Outline a silhouette cutout with a Sharpie for quick and easy decoration.
- Silk designs will transfer onto eggs with a little vinegar and hot water.
Happy Easter from Aqua Sun Ozone!
This past Sunday, March 22nd, was World Water Day. World Water Day was created to bring awareness to areas of the world where there are water-related problems. Right now the highest population without access to water is Africa at 358 million people. Even though World Water Day is over, there are still things you can do to help provide people with clean water. Throughout the month of March UNICEF is hosting its Tap Project. When you use the UNICEF Tap Project app on your phone for every 15 minutes you don’t touch your phone within their experience, their sponsors and donors can fund one day of clean water for a child in need. The end of March is almost here but it is still possible for each person to help fund up to 576 days of clean water.
Click here to find out more about the Tap Project.
Spring is almost here! That means it is time for our Spring Special. The product we have chosen for the season is the ID-125. Regular price is $130.00, but throughout spring you can get your ID-125 for only $109! Along with some spring cleaning this product will make your house feel fresh and clean.
Below are a few tips to help prepare you for spring cleaning.
- Get your supplies ready ahead of time so that you don’t have to stop in the middle of cleaning to go buy a supply.
- Get rid of unnecessary items around your house and it will look less cluttered.
- Set realistic goals. You most likely won’t be able to clean your house in one day so pick a couple of rooms to do each day.
- Get everyone in the house involved. Even little things for kids will help you out.
- Once everything is done reward yourself. It can be something simple such as frozen yogurt or something new for the house. Of course, the best reward is the clean house itself.
Click here to view the ID-125.
Wednesday, March 11th, is no smoking day. To help those who are having a hard time quitting here are a few tips:
- To start you will need to think positive.
- Make a plan, set a date and stick to it.
- Changing your diet can make cigarettes less satisfying. Foods such as meat make them more satisfying, and foods such as cheese, fruits and vegetables make them less satisfying.
- Changing your drink can also make cigarettes less satisfying. Fizzy drinks, alcohol, cola, tea and coffee all make cigarettes taste better so you should try to drink more water and juice.
- Identify when you crave cigarettes and make up a list of things to do instead of smoking.
- Do it with friends or family members so that you can support each other.
- Studies have shown that exercising helps to reduces cravings.
- Make new, non-smoking friends.
- Keep your hands and mouth busy to reduce the need to have a cigarette.
- Make a list of reasons to quit smoking and read it when you feel like giving up.
P.S. Our BreatheKleen is still on sale for only $29 so get it while you still can!
We all know that vegetables are good for our bodies but are they better for us cooked or raw?
When vegetables are cooked certain antioxidants are better absorbed by our bodies. Cooking also releases many nutrients making it easier for our bodies to digest them.
These vegetables are better for you when cooked:
Raw vegetables contain more vitamin C, B vitamins and the good bacteria that our bodies need. These are usually lost during the cooking process.
These vegetables are better for you in their raw form:
- Bell Pepper
In the end, both raw and cooked vegetables have their own health benefits. So feel free to mix it up and make sure you’re eating the recommended amount of vegetables each day.