Each year World Water Day falls on March 22nd. On this day worldwaterday.org would like you to take action, whether it is learning about this year’s topic (wastewater), helping get the message out there, or even holding an event. Anything that you can do to help tackle the water crises takes us one step closer.
Here are Time Magazine’s five facts about water consumption:
- Over 80% of all waste water is not used again
- 70% of water withdrawals are due to agriculture
- Leaking taps waste around 5,500 liters of water a year
- Less than 3% of the world’s water is drinkable
- Over 20% of freshwater fish species are now endangered or extinct
For more information on World Water Day visit worldwaterday.org.