California, along with much of the west coast, is still in a drought. Many of the water restrictions are lifted; however, that doesn’t mean we are in the clear. It is important that we continue to cut back on water usage whenever possible. Below are some tips to help you use less water in your home.
- When doing dishes, scrape the food off into the garbage instead of pre-rinsing dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.
- Only run the dishwasher when it’s full.
- If you’re waiting for water to warm up before using it, try to make use of the extra water that’s warming up by filling your pet’s water bowl, filling the ice trays, filling water bottles, or watering plants.
- If you have any leaks around your house, make sure you fix them as soon as possible. The dripping water can add up fast.
- Wait to do laundry until you have a full load.
- Remember to turn off the water when brushing your teeth.
- Try to take shorter showers.
- Hold off on washing your car.
- Scale back on watering your lawn.