Valentine’s Day is almost here! Valentine’s Day is a holiday that everyone celebrates but we don’t know much about it. So In honor of the holiday here a few fun facts and superstitions about Valentine’s Day:
- A priest named Valentine secretly married young couples and was executed for his defiance on February 14 about 270 A.D.
- Richard Cadbury invented the first Valentine's Day candy box.
- The type of bird you see on Valentine’s Day will predict the type of man you will marry. See picture below.
- We all have heard the phrase "wearing your heart on your sleeve", but the phrase has actually come from Middle Ages, when according to a popular tradition, young men and women would draw tabs from a bowl, to know the names of their valentines and then, would wear that name on their sleeve for the entire week.
- The girls during medieval times used to eat strange food items, as it was believed that by doing so they would dream of their future spouse or lover.
- The gift of roses can be attributed to Venus. The Roman goddess of love and beauty preferred roses.
- The US is expected to spend $19.7 billion on Valentine’s Day this year.
Happy Valentine’s Day from Aqua Sun Ozone!