Throughout the years we’ve heard about climate change and how it is negatively impacting our planet. Right now there are at least 11 species threatened by climate change. Some of those species are the Polar Bear, Lemuroid Ringtail Possum, Ringed Seals and Adelie Penguin. Many of us feel like there’s not much that we can do; however, there are many little steps that we can take to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
Here are some steps that you can take at home:
- Switch over household products to the ENERGY STAR label.
- Make sure your heating and cooling equipment are running properly.
- RECYCLE, RECYCLE, RECYCLE!
- Conserve water.
- Use renewable energy (e.g. solar panels.)
- Calculate your carbon footprint and find where you can reduce your emissions.
It may seem small, but it all helps!