Halloween is a fun time for both parents and children. We can get so caught up in the fun that sometimes we forget the simple safety tips that can ensure a safe Halloween for everyone.
Here are some simple safety tips to keep you and your family safe this Halloween:
- Make sure costume accessories, such as knifes and swords, are soft, flexible and smooth around the edges.
- Trick or treat with a group of people.
- Carry a flashlight and/or glow sticks so that you can see and others can see you.
- Always walk on the sidewalk or the edge of the road facing traffic.
- Make sure that no candy has been tampered with and don’t eat anything made by strangers.
- Don’t enter houses without an adult or take rides from strangers.
- Make a plan to check in every hour or so when out trick or treating.
- Be extra cautious when crossing the street. Make sure to look both ways before crossing and only cross at crosswalks.
- If driving a car you will want be extra cautious of people in the roads, especially in residential areas.