Looking for a new place to cool off this summer? The Palm Desert Aquatic Center is great place for you and your family. Their summer hours are 11am-7pm every day throughout the summer. The aquatic center has something for everyone. The Olympic sized pool contains two diving boards, one at 3.3 feet tall and the other at nearly 10 feet tall! They also have a Splash Playground, Zero Depth shallow pool and two water slides. If you get hungry there is a concession stand with plenty of options to choose from. These extended summer hours are good through August 31st.
If you're looking for a closer place to cool off, here are some cooling centers located throughout the Coachella Valley:
- James O. Jessie Desert Highland Unity Center: 480 Tramview Road, Palm Springs.
- The Golden Rainbow Center SAGE: 700 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Suite F, Palm Springs.
- Mizell Senior Center: 480 South Sunrise Way, Palm Springs.
- Palm Springs YMCA: 3601 Mesquite Ave, Palm Springs.
- Cathedral Center: 37-171 W. Buddy Rogers Ave., Cathedral City.
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center: 11-777 West Drive.
- Boys & Girls Club DHS: 66-150 8th St., Desert Hot Springs.
- Eisenhower Medical Center lobby: 39-000 Bob Hope Drive, Rancho Mirage.
- Palm Desert Community Center: 43-900 San Pablo Ave., Palm Desert.
- Joslyn Center: 73-750 Catalina Way, Palm Desert.
- La Quinta Senior Center: 78-450 Avenida La Fonda, La Quinta.
- Indio Senior Center: 45-700 Aladdin Street, Indio.
- Coachella Senior Center: 1540 7th St., Coachella.
- Thermal Senior Center: 87-229 Church St., Thermal.
- North Shore Community Center: 99-155 Sea View Drive, North Shore.