Hello Aqua Sun blog readers! This Friday is Independence Day and many of us like to get together to celebrate. Whether it is at home with some fireworks, at the beach, or in the mountains there are precautions that should be taken to keep everyone safe.
Here are some helpful safety tips for the holiday weekend:
- Never swim alone.
- Never swim in bad weather.
- Make sure there is always someone watching the children whether in the water or around fireworks (even sparklers.)
- Apply plenty of sunscreen throughout the day.
- Don’t let food sit out for too long.
- Drive responsibly whether in a car or a boat.
- Drink plenty of water (many people forget this when swimming, causing severe dehydration)
- Always wear a life jacket when riding in a boat – this is especially important for children, even if they know how to swim.
- If lighting fireworks:
- Make sure everyone keeps a safe distance.
- Don’t let children anywhere near the fireworks.
- Keep a bucket or hose close by in case of a fire and to dump on fireworks once they have all gone out.
- Never place any part of your body over a firework.
- Beware of bugs! Some bugs, such as ticks, can carry diseases so use the appropriate repellent to keep the bugs away.
We hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!