The month of May is known as National Water Safety Month. The local Palm Desert Aquatic Center will be hosting a swim day on Saturday May 10th. On this day anyone from ages 5 and up are welcome and can get in for free from 9am-5pm, however, a reservation is required prior to the event. There will be basic water safety lessons, swim fun races and swim tips from Olympic Champions! Some Olympians expected to be there are Janet Evans, Jason Lezak, Rowdy Gaines, Aaron Peirsol, Chloe Sutton, Brian Goodell and Kaitlin Sandeno.
To view the event flier scroll down.
IN HONOR OF WATER SAFETY MONTH HERE ARE SOME WATER SAFETY TIPS:
- Post CPR instructions and learn the procedures.
- Keep a first aid kit at poolside.
- Teach children water safety and swimming skills as early as possible.
- Maintain constant visual contact with children in a pool or pool area. If a child is missing, check the pool first; seconds count in preventing death or disability.
For more water safety tips click here.
P.S. If you're still trying to find a place to take your mom for Mother's Day here are some options if you're in Palm Springs:
- Lulu California Bistro (one of my favorites)
- Circa 59
- Melvyn's Restaurant
- Escena Lounge & Grill (great view)
- Spencer's Restaurant
- Pinocchio in the Desert (can be a little crowded)